CenterLight Health System urges you to take the following 5 steps to protect against seasonal flu.
1. GET VACCINATED.
2. Know the signs and symptoms of Influenza
3. Practice cough etiquette.
Cough or Sneeze into your Sleeve or Tissue.
4. Wash hands well and frequently (soap and water or hand sanitizer) and avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
5. Avoid close contact with individuals who have symptoms of the flu.
The Following are 5 Tips for Taking Care of Yourself or a Loved One with the Flu:
1. Stay home and drink plenty of fluids.
2. Contact your Physician/Provider if you are feeling very sick, unable to keep down fluids, have trouble breathing or have a chronic illness (some examples: heart and lung diseases, diabetes, asthma) or are on steroid medication.
3. Stay home for 24 hours after your fever is gone (without the use of medication).
4. Take anti-virals only if directed by your physician.
5. Limit contact with others to prevent infecting them.